With school, inter-school athletics, and the Forbes and Tippet competition coming up we had a big focus on the baton change necessary for successful relays today.
We know ...
- that the arm is not directly behind the body, but slightly to the side
- that the arm is fully extended and held steady
- that the palm faces up
- if we are running anti-clockwise we have the baton in our right hand
- if we are running clockwise we have the baton in our left hand
- that when we run the baton is held upright (as if we were keeping the scoop on our ice-cream)